From: CTMI – A Cult or Just Radical Christianity?
Just read the testimonies on our forum and see the similar patterns:
- We were amazed and impressed at first with powerful charismatic leaders and much “love bombing”.
- When we began to question any doctrine or strong controlling behavior, the relationship changed dramatically to harsh, unloving rebuke, isolation and vindictive action.
- Separation in families – e.g. one mother had to go to court to secure her children and flee Mauritius. A Mauritius father had to go to court in an attempt to secure his children who had been removed to Zimbabwe after his wife died.
- Blind obedience to leaders.
- Strong, often repeated and manipulative demands for money.
- Ends justifies the means. When deceit or other dubious activities were questioned, the reply was “It’s not lies its wisdom” or "we do it for the gospel"
- We have the only way – avoid other churches, books and bible schools